Have you had trouble finding the right outdoor gate locks to protect your property? Finding the best outdoor gate locks can truly be a difficult task, because locks that are not well-made will easily rust. Other poorly made outdoor gate locks can be susceptible to thieves trying to pick them and gain control over your valuable property.
Fortunately, the best gates for the outdoors do not have to be impossible to find. We have carefully examined the ten best outdoor locks for gates, considered their pros, cons, consumer reputation and features in order to suggest which ones work best.
A mediocre lock for your gate will not protect your property, so only the best will do. Let’s get started on our review of the best locks for your outdoor gate.
- 1 10 Best Locks for Gates on the Market Today:
- 1.1 1. Master Lock M175XDLF Heavy Duty Outdoor Combination Lock
- 1.2 2. YARDLOCK Keyless Gatelock, Secure Gate Lock
- 1.3 3. The Only Self-Adjusting Zinc Black Slide Bolt Lock
- 1.4 4. National Hardware N109-080 SmartKey Gate Lock
- 1.5 5. Puroma Keyed Padlock, Stainless Steel Discus Lock
- 1.6 6. Pacific Doorware Hook Deadbolt Mortise Gate Lock for Sliding Gates
- 1.7 7. Automatic Gate Lock (FM143) for Mighty Mule Automatic Gate Openers
- 1.8 8. Disecu 4 Digit Combination Lock Long Shackle and Outdoor Waterproof
- 1.9 9. National Hardware V6201 LokkLatch Automatic Keyed Gate Lock
- 1.10 10. Mighty Mule Bulldog Pedestrian Gate Lock
- 2 Factors to Consider When Buying Weatherproof Gate Locks for Outdoor Use
- 3 Best Weatherproof Gate Locks for Outdoor Use FAQ
- 4 Making the Decision
Our Top Recommended Locks for Gate
- Our Rating
- 4 digit combination lock
50% harder than hardened steel
Diameter shackle with 1-1/2 in
- Our Rating
- 10,000 possible combinations to choose from
Constructed from a zinc die cast body
Easy and fast installation
10 Best Locks for Gates on the Market Today:
Factors to Consider When Buying Weatherproof Gate Locks for Outdoor Use
Best Weatherproof Gate Locks for Outdoor Use FAQ
Making the Decision
Our top pick is the Mighty Mule Bulldog Pedestrian Gate Lock (FM145). This lock is our favorite due to the ease of use, digital advancement and modern look. However, the lock can cost nearly $200 and may be out of your budget.
If so, consider the National Hardware V6201 LTCH BLK N346-201 4-9/16″ LokkLatch Automatic Keyed Gate Lock Latch in Black. This affordable option works with most types of materials and works best if you do not need to protect against theives and property damage.
But ultimately, you have read our recommendations, and you should be able to tell which one of these locks will work best for your property needs. Choose the best one for the security and price that best fits your lifestyle.