There are a variety of reasons to purchase a wearable spy camera. Wearable hidden cameras can be attached to clothing or carried items to make sure you’re capturing all the pieces of a situation for your own safety and security.
There are several cameras out there and that’s why we’ve researched the best wearable spy cameras in the market, and have become experts on what is available.
We’ve compared all features of the top cameras from image quality, to battery life, and recording features. It is important to have the best wearable spy camera because you need something that is discreet but will provide the best image quality.
The mediocre spy camera might be too heavy, have poor image quality and be difficult to hide. This article provides customer reviews and detailed information to help you make a conscious decision on the right spy camera for you.
Best Wearable Spy Camera Reviews
This tiny spy camera stays hidden and records on a loop, rewriting oldest data first. The motion sensor in this camera picks up activity with a time and date stamp. Use it as a body worn surveillance camera to catch the action as it happens.
Body cam supports a max size of 64GB SD card. It comes with an instruction manual, warranty card, card reader, USB cable and reset pin.
More than half of the customers who have purchased this tiny spy cam are pleased with it. They like that it is easy to hide with its small size and they also appreciate the video quality.
The motion detection is a popular feature with users. A few customers reported purchasing a defective camera.
This camera works well if you’re looking for something that will remain discreet whether you wear it or mount it. It has lengthy recording time and you can also record on a loop.
This camera brings you great quality and the battery recharges while the camera is in use. Overall this is one of the best wearable hidden cameras you’ll find.
This small spy camera can be used as a wearable camera for the body, dashboard in vehicle, or on the bicycle. It has a clip design that allows to you to attach it to your backpack, bag, pocket or other items. It has 3 buttons to work its 3 functions so you can switch between still photos and video.
Customers who have purchased this tiny camera appreciate the quality of the images and the ease of the downloading process. The audio quality is also pretty good for the small device.
This device is a great spy camera to wear on clothing. You can use it as a nanny cam at home or as security camera at the office. This tiny device is good to travel with and works on bicycles and cars.
Use it as a wearable spy camera for kids who are with the sitter or are out and about. It’s one of the best wearable spy camera to ensure safety of your loved ones and the security of your property.
This stylish hidden camera appears as a fashion piece and can be used while walking, biking, or during a meeting. It has HD video quality and can be quickly adjusted.
The video shows time and date stamp, and the micro SD card can be continuously written over as it gets full.
Customers who have purchased this product have not yet posted any reviews.
This small wearable hidden camera will remain discreet sitting on your wrist or on your desk and it will record the action as it happens. It holds time and date so you will always know when something important took place.
This tiny DV recorder captures in 1080 HD resolution. It is a wearable camera that can pick up motion detection or can be set to record continuously. It is great for several occasions and it’s easy to carry around.
Only a few customers reviewed this product and the responses were mixed. Some have had trouble using it and others have been ok with the results.
The video quality is reported to be pretty good, but the continuous recording option doesn’t work as well as it should. Apparently if you need a motion detection device it works pretty well, you just have to find the right hiding spot.
This hidden spy camera is great if you’re looking for a high-quality video. You might want to find your hiding place prior to making your investment. This camera works great if you’re trying to catch a thief or if you’re using it as a nanny cam.
This mini spy camera has infrared technology to provide you with clear night vision. It has a wide angle lens and you can wear it on the go. It works wirelessly and can be connected to your TV for surveillance.
It works well indoors and outdoors and can take still photos as well as continuous recording. Set it to motion detection to pick up on moving objects.
Customers who have purchased this product have not yet reported any feedback.
This mini camera works great as a travel for stationary video recorder. The infrared night vision offers a clear picture and it has a strong battery that records for up to 60 minutes.
Tips on Choosing the Best Wearable Spy Camera
The right wearable spy camera will easily attach to your personal items including purses, backpacks, bags, jackets and others. If you plan to wear your camera you might want to find one that comes with clips or some type of Velcro.
The wearable spy camera you’ll want should maintain good picture quality even when in motion. A wearable camera indicates that you might be placing it on yourself or something else that will be in motion during use.
The best wearable spy camera worth purchasing will remain hidden even as you wear it. Some of the best hidden cameras are tucked away inside obvious objects including hats, jewelry or pockets.
A good wearable camera might also have audio so you can use it in important situations including meetings. Some cameras have a microphone but you have to add software to get the audio to work.
A good company will stand behind its product. Take a look at the warranty and support information. See if there is anyone available to help and how fast the turn around response usually is.
This is something you might find in customer reviews. If there is a warranty or guarantee included, it’s most likely a solid product.
You will want to pick a camera that has a color that is really easy to blend in. Sometimes that means picking a color cam but it might be most convenient to get a basic black camera.
Factors To Consider When Buying a Wearable Spy Camera
- Camera resolution: Poor image quality defeats the purpose of recording anything. A hidden camera is already small which makes it even more important that clear images are visible. Each still photo and video needs to have high quality. You will want a camera with the highest possible resolution. Some of the cameras come with two different resolution options including 1080P HD and 720P.
- Battery life: A typical camera battery might only last for a few hours with continuous play. If you are only looking for motion detection you might get the most out of your battery by only using that feature. If you do plan to use your camera for continuous play, then you will want to consider the device with the best battery.
- Memory capacity: Some cameras will have a built-in memory card while others will be sold separately. Occasionally you will get a camera that can hold a larger SD card. Use a larger memory card to store all of your recorded data as needed. Cameras that record live video and capture photos should also include a date and time stamp to help you remain organized.
- Recording options: Think about whether you will need still shots or live video. Also consider if you will use motion detection or continuous recording. If you need all of these functions as an option, you’ll have to find a camera that has all three features. Some cameras might only have two of the three so you’ll have to check the specs. An easier way to use the camera with all the features you need is if it has specific buttons for each setting.
- Ease of use: Consider who will be using the camera. Will it be an elder? a child? You want the camera and it’s functions to be as easy to understand as possible to get the best results. If it’s a camera for a kid, you want to attach it to a good spot where it can be effective. If you are buying it for an elder you want it to be in a place where they can remember they’re wearing it and have the ability to reach it and easy take it off when they need to.
- Lifestyle: Think about when you plan to use the camera and how you can best disguise it. A fancy watch will stick out like sore thumb at a gardening event, but it would go well at business meeting. You need a camera that you can wear and it will rightfully blend in with whatever your most common situations are.
- Night Vision: Not all cameras have night vision. If you need to record something in the evening you should look for a camera that can do well in low light.
- Camera Weight: A wearable camera needs to be lightweight so that it goes unnoticeable and it doesn’t weigh you down. It can be hard to be discreet when your device is being a hinderance.
- Angle lens: Think about what you will need to capture between narrow views and wide angles. If you need to cover a broad range of things you might opt for the wide-angle lens. You can find the lens specifications in the features area.
- Wire vs. Wireless: Think about whether you need wireless capabilities or if you plan to keep the camera stationary. If you will be hiding the tiny camera in a book case or discreetly attaching it to a desk, it might be ok to get one with a wire. If you plan to move around a lot with the camera and transfer it from one clothing item to the next it might be best to get a wireless device.
Wearable Spy Camera FAQ
Q. What is the best type of wearable spy camera?
A. That depends on your daily activities. If you are going hiking or doing a strenuous activity, you might need the camera that latches on really well. Someone that just needs to wear it to a meeting or while sitting behind a desk at work could get away with one that simply attaches to their shirt or jacket.
Q. What types of wearable spy cameras are there in the market?
A. There are several different types of spy cameras out there that you can wear. They come in a variety of forms including in jewelry, in hats, ink pens, glasses, lighters and more.
Q. Is it illegal for me to wear a hidden spy camera?
A. No. It really depends on your intentions. If you are using the camera for blackmail or doing other harm to others it can be illegal to record without consent. In some countries audio is illegal but video is not, however, if you live in the USA you can freely capture audio and video.
Q. Is recording automatic with a spy camera?
A. No. Initially, there might be a feature that you can set to continuously record, otherwise, the camera can be set to motion detection. Check the features to see what your options are, but the camera most likely will not be recording on it’s own. Another thing to consider is that some cameras have a built-in DVR and some do not. You might have to connect your camera to another device such as a computer to get the data. DVR capabilities or ports will be listed in the specs.
Q. Are hidden cameras weatherproof?
A. No. Most hidden cameras are not designed to be placed outdoors. You can create something to attach to the camera and protect it from exposure to the elements, but that might interfere with your image quality. If you need something that is great for both indoors and outdoors you might spend a little more on weatherproof camera.
Making The Decision
Now you are aware of the many top wearable spy cameras the market has to offer. As you may have noticed, there are several ways to spy on an event, or person.
You can use your camera as a stationary device to capture motion when it happens, or you can wear it on your body set to a continuous record setting and get a copy of entire situations.
Wearable spy cameras are very convenient and efficient because you can control the functions and determine how you are recording your target person or event.
In this article you have read which spy cameras have provided best results for customers and you have also learned which cameras have your most important features.
Ultimately, it all comes down to which camera best suits your needs. You know what your plans are for your camera and now hopefully you know the best wearable spy camera to use for getting your spying done.
Now let’s get proactive with protecting your family or securing your information and purchase your spy camera today!