Are you using a trailer hitch lock? If not, you have left your trailer open for theft to anyone who comes along and wants to hitch your trailer to their vehicle. With the use of a lock, you are able to keep the trailer hitch and the receiver locked. This will prevent the receiver from being lifted. A key is often needed to unlock the device.
While you definitely want to have a trailer hitch lock to protect your valuables, finding the right one for your trailer is important.
Having a mediocre hitch lock will leave your valuables vulnerable to theft. So when we compiled our trailer hitch lock reviews, we looked at a number of factors to determine what set these locks apart from all others.
We looked at the vehicle compatibility, prices, durability, safety, and reputation among customers to provide you with a list of the best trailer hitch lock choices.
- 1 10 Best Trailer Hitch Locks: Reviews & Raitings
- 1.1 1. Connor 1615320 Lock for Class I-V Trailer Hitch Lock
- 1.2 2. Master Lock Universal Trailer Locks
- 1.3 3. motormic Trailer Hitch Lock Pin Set
- 1.4 4. Trimax UMAX100 Black Hardware
- 1.5 5. REESE Towpower 72783 Universal Trailer Hitch Lock
- 1.6 6. Connor Trailer Hitch Lock
- 1.7 7. Master Lock 377KA Trailer Hitch Lock
- 1.8 8. Trimax UMAX50 Hardware Dual Purpose Coupler Lock
- 1.9 9. Fastway Fortress 86-00-5015 Universal Coupler Lock
- 1.10 10. Master Lock Trailer Lock, Trailer Coupler & Receiver Lock Combo
- 2 Tips on Choosing the Best Trailer Hitch Locks
- 3 Making the Decision
Our Top Recommended Trailer Hitch Locks
- Our Rating
- Fits ALL Class I/II 1-1/4" x 1-1/4" & Class III/IV/V 2" x 2" and 2-1/2" x 2-1/2" receivers (1/2" & 5/8" pin).
Tow up to 3,500 GTW for small pin or 20,000 GTW for long pin without any worries! Small Pin: 2-7/8" usable length, Long Pin: 3-1/2" usable length.
Durable Black Nickel Finish.
- Our Rating
- Universal coupler lock fits virtually all 1-7/8", 2", and 2-5/16" trailer couplers.
Bright red finish discourages thief's from messing with your trailer..
Advanced locking mechanism resists picking and prying.
- Our Rating
- All 1-1/4", 2 inch trailer hitch and 2-1/2" trailer receiver lock.
Extra Safety Clip & Hole in each hitch lock pin for towing when locking system is lost or damaged.
Locking hitch pin for 2 inch receivers & more made easy to install with Push-to-lock technology.
10 Best Trailer Hitch Locks: Reviews & Raitings
Tips on Choosing the Best Trailer Hitch Locks
Making the Decision
If you’ve read our trailer hitch lock reviews, then you should be ready to determine the best trailer hitch lock for your needs.
Where do you leave your trailer? Is this place secure? The locks for the storage unit also needs to be chosen wisely.
All you need to do now is review your choices and decide which lock will keep your valuables safe.
Consider what you are going to be carrying, what level of security you want and need, how long you want your lock to last, and what price fits your budget. Then purchase the lock that will keep your valuables safe so you can focus on other parts of your trip.