When you’re the owner of a gun you have to know how to store and travel with it. Also, you will have to keep dust away, prevent rust, and keep it away from the wrong hands. A case is the best thing to secure and keep up with your guns. Luckily, we’ve researched enough to become experts on pistol cases. We’ve narrowed down the top cases and compared important features including size, holding capacity, waterproofing, and interior foam quality. It’s important to purchase the best pistol case because it will help you keep your family safe and secure your firearms when you’re not using them. A mediocre case can’t be trusted to keep your pistols secured. We’ve gathered all the necessary information to help you make a conscious decision about the right gun case.
Our Top Choices for Pistol Case
- Case Club Waterproof 4 Pistol Case
- Holds up to 4 pistols with 12 extra magazines & included silica gel
- Case has a lifetime warrenty & is 100% Waterproof, & Dustproof
- Case is Airline Approved for checked luggage & padlockable
- AdirOffice Portable Travel Gun Safe
- Durable Construction.
- Providing secure storage of passports, cash, cellphones, credit cards, watches, jewelry and small firearms, this lock box is available in your choice of a key or dial lock.
- Measuring 9.4” D x 6.5” W x 2” H, the AdirOffice is furnished with a 4-layer foam lining to protect firearms and other other valuable contents
- Case Club Waterproof 5 Pistol Case
- Holds up to 5 pistols and accessory pocket with 10 extra magazines & included silica gel
- Case has a lifetime warrenty & is 100% Waterproof, & Dustproof
- Max length of pistols is 8 5/8" & not intended for revolvers
- 1 List of 10 Best Pistol Cases Reviewed by Security Experts:
- 1.1 1. Case Club Waterproof 4 Pistol Case with Silica Gel
- 1.2 2. AdirOffice Portable Travel Gun Safe
- 1.3 3. Case Club Waterproof 5 Pistol Case & Accessory Pocket
- 1.4 4. Plano 1404 Protector Series Four Pistol Case
- 1.5 5. Pelican 1170 Case With Foam
- 1.6 6. Case Club Waterproof 8 Pistol Case
- 1.7 7. 5 Pistol 18 Magazine Doro Waterproof Heavy Duty Gun Case
- 1.8 8. Case Club Pre-Customized Waterproof Pistol Case
- 1.9 9. UTG Deluxe Single Pistol Case
- 1.10 10. ADG Sports Aluminum Two Pistol Gun Case
- 2 Tips on Choosing the Best Pistol Case
- 3 Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Pistol Case
- 4 Best Pistol Case FAQ
- 5 Making The Decision
List of 10 Best Pistol Cases Reviewed by Security Experts:
The waterproof case comes with silica gel for gun rust prevention. It has a polyethylene interior which can be easily wiped clean.
The majority of the customers who have purchased this product believe that it is the best hard pistol case you can buy in its price range. They really seem to appreciate the ability to modify the foam to fit other things such as cleaning kits or just rearranging the setup.
Only a single customer reported their foam cutouts had been glued and posed a problem when they tried to remove the foam cutouts.
Overall this product is reliable. It was created with quality and can hold a good count of your guns and ammo and keep rust away. Owners who are currently using this case are extremely happy.
This travel handgun case is small and keeps your weapon safely stored away. The dimensions are 9.4″D x 6.5″W x 2″H which makes this the best pistol case for flying.
In addition to a firearm, this case is good to securely hold credit cards, cash, cellphones, jewelry, and passports. It is lightweight and easy to carry around. The small size makes it convenient to hide in tight spaces.
Customers who have purchased this gun case feel that it is the best handgun case for home. It can be easily hidden and the steel cable that comes with it allows it to be attached to anything at the house to prevent theft.
The combination lock offers easy access to owners who don’t have time to find keys. At least a few customers were dealing with a jammed combination knob.
This case is good to stuff in a backpack or to sit on a bookshelf. It takes up hardly any space. It’s a great case to help keep your gun away from children in the home. It’s a good quality handgun travel case for the price.
This waterproof gun case comes with silica gel and an accessory pocket. It holds a maximum pistol length of 8 5/8″. This case was not designed for revolvers. The military grade interior can be easily wiped clean.
Customers absolutely love this pistol case. It holds a variety of pistols and it has enough room for you to store your ear protection and extra magazines.
It is heavy duty and lightweight so it provides great protection and it’s easy enough to take with you to the range. Several customers purchased this product and they all feel this is one of the best lockable gun cases for pistols on the market.
There were no negative reviews or mishaps upon purchasing.
The low number of cons is a real result based on the fact that all customers who sent in reviews gave this case a high rating. If you’re headed to the gun range and you need to bring a variety of guns or if you just need to store several guns at your home, this is the best multi pistol case for your money.
This 4 pistol case comes in 3 interior dimension sizes. The 18, the medium, and the x-large. The medium has dimensions of 11.5 x 2.75 x 7.5 inches. The x-large has 16.25 x 5.75 x 11.325.
All sizes consist of a large handle and high-density inserts. The x-large contains security straps, while the other two cases only have lockable latches.
The majority of the customers who have invested in one of these best pistol cases feel that it’s great quality for the price. It can hold several pistols and magazines at the same time.
This double pistol hard case has been a real pleaser to its purchasers. If you just need a place to securely store your guns, then this is the right case for you. It is not the best case to secure your pistols away from teens and children.
One final nice thing about this case is that it comes in different interior sizes to fit your needs.
Pick the best case that suits you.
This fun pistol case comes in a variety of colors including black, desert tan, orange, silver, yellow, black-compact, and OD green. It has exterior dimensions of 11.64 x 8.34 x 3.78inches.
The interior dimensions are 10.54 x 6.04 x 3.16 inches. The lid depth is 1.08 inches, and the bottom depth is 2.08 inches. The case has an automatic equalization valve for pressure which keeps interior pressure balanced while keeping water out.
Customers who have purchased this case say it is pretty good quality for the price. They are able to travel with it adding it to their checked luggage. Even customers who were looking to store a larger gun, in this case, is happy with the security this case provides.
Overall customers are saying this case is great for bringing along the essentials. If you travel light this might be the best pelican case for pistols.
This hard shell pistol case is great for traveling. It’s good for a trip where you only need the one gun and perhaps a little ammo as well. It is very durable and secure and the ease of modifying the interior makes it very convenient.
If you need a pistol case that is safe and secure for flying.
This waterproof pistol case comes with silica gel to prevent rust and a military grade interior that can be wiped clean with ease.
You can travel with this case because it has been TSA approved as checked luggage with a padlock. Given the contents of your luggage, you should add another lock, and the luggage locks are already on the list. See the list of 10 best luggage locks, secure your luggage, foresee everything! This case was not made for revolvers.
Almost all of the customers who have purchased and reviewed this case are very happy. There are no negative reviews for this case. They are pleased that it holds full-size pistols and can still fit magazines too.
If you need to store several pistols at a time it would be the best pistol case for you. It fits numerous pistols of a variety of sizes. It is a durable and reliable case that will last a lifetime for new owners.
This gun case comes in 3 color interiors including black, blue and red. The military grade foam interior is chemical and oil resistant and is simple to wipe clean.
It can take dual padlocks which makes it fit TSA requirements for flying with firearms. The case is IP67 rated dustproof and waterproof. It also has a pressure equalization valve that keeps the case airtight.
Customers who have purchased this case appreciate that the foam is precut into slots for your firearms. They like that the foam is of good quality and they are happy that they don’t have to make tough decisions of carrying less firearms when heading to the gun range.
This case is great for holding an assortment of compact pistols. It is well made and has good quality foam. The pistol holders are already precut and that makes this case really convenient.
Several people have purchased this case. It has barely any negative reviews and that makes this potentially the best portable pistol case on the market.
This compact pistol case is waterproof and has a military grade foam interior that can be easily wiped clean. It arrives precut so you are ready to place your favorite pistol in this case with a couple extra magazines.
You don’t have to leave your lovely accessories behind because this case accommodates your under-barrel attachments.
Customers who have purchased this case are extremely happy with it. They like that the foam can be manipulated to fit anything else that you might need to carry.
It’s a sturdy and quality foam and holds your items in place without a problem. There really weren’t any negative reviews reported on this pistol case.
The ability to customize the foam interior is something the majority of customers are looking for. This is also a great case to take on flying trips with you.
This small soft pistol case is great for carrying around a single firearm. It is all black and has an elegant look that you will be showing off when you head to the range.
Several customers have purchased this pistol case and the majority of them seem to be happy. They have reported that the bag is spacious and feels like very sturdy material.
It has a discreet look to it and doesn’t make it obvious that you have a gun inside. It is great for a day at the range. It has enough padding and also has ample places to let you organize your firearm and ammo properly.
Some people were so happy that they bought a few individual bags for different firearms. Overall customers feel that this is the best soft pistol case on the market.
For most people, this case lets them fit their gun and quite a bit of ammo. It’s a discreet case that doesn’t draw attention. The padded foam inside does well to protect your firearm from rubbing against things.
This 2 pistol hard case has interior dimensions of 12″ x 8.5″ x 4″. The exterior dimensions are 12.75″ x 9″ x 4.5″. This case is approved to take on airlines and comes with a nice carrying strap.
More than half of the customers who have purchase this metal handgun case are happy with their purchase. Quite a few customers have reported receiving cases with defective locks.
This case is great fit for carrying your smaller load to the range. If you need to travel with it, it is airline approved and should not cause you any problems with transporting.
Tips on Choosing the Best Pistol Case
- Budget: If your budget allows, get the most sturdy case. The hard case will cost you a little more, but it will be worth it because you will have a case that lasts a lifetime, and that will forever keep your firearms protected.
- Convenience: Aim to get the case that allows you to stay organized while you use it. When you’re going to the range or even traveling, you need to be able to quickly access your equipment. A convenient case will have modifiable foam inserts and it might also already have compartments cut out for you.
- Storage and Cleaning: Find a case that is easy to store. If you’re looking for a small case, you might pick one that comes with steel cables to attach to something in the home to prevent theft. Cleaning your case should not be difficult if you purchase a case with a military-grade interior. You need something you can easily wipe clean with a damp cloth. You’ll also need to learn how to use the silica gel. Some cases come with it, and if you understand how to maintain it, you can remove the moisture, and use it over again.
If you need to keep a weapon at hand in your work, then you should think about whether the comfortable and durable belt on which the holster will hang is sufficient? If you are still in doubt, then you should dispel them and be fully equipped, so for you, we have reviewed for you the 10 best duty belts. Choose what you need!
What is your vision? Are you aiming well enough? Possession of a pistol is very severe and responsible if you have poor eyesight you need to choose from the list of 10 best pistol sights for old eyes.
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Pistol Case
- Hard or soft case: hard gun cases offer the best protection for your case and for your firearm. They are usually shock absorbent, so if you drop your case, your gun will still be okay. Your hard case will most likely come with a nice warranty as well. Soft cases are just to carry your firearm from point A to point B. They are not meant for long-term storage, and they are usually made from nylon or plastic. They are perfectly lightweight to take your firearm to the range or out hunting, but they are not designed to take on drops. Soft cases are also easier for children to access.
- Small children and teens: Do you have young people that you need to keep protected from accessing your firearms from? If you do, then you know you will need to purchase the most secure style safe there is. It might be heavy-duty, and it might not be the most convenient case to travel with, but what’s important is keeping your guns out of the wrong hands. But if you want to store more stuff such as documents, cash, jewelry you need small home safe as reviewed here.
- Travel: Do you need to travel with your case? If you need it to go on a plane, it’s best to travel light and make sure your case meets TSA standards and allows a double padlock. If you need a case to fly with that can help narrow down your choices because not all gun cases are for flying.
- Size and Weight: Think about how many firearms you need to stick in your case. A lot of the smaller cases are not meant to carry revolvers or under-barrel attachments. If you have a bunch of revolvers or rifles or anything else that doesn’t fit in a pistol case, then you might want to consider making a special purchase that allows you to carry just those specific guns.
- Durability: What strength do you need in a case? If you’re good with a soft case, think about if you need a strong center. You still need strong zippers and you still want it to be waterproof. Another aspect of your case to think about is the quality of the foam. If you want cutouts, maybe you can check the specs to see if the foam is removable. Other customers will also have commented on that because that’s a very convenient feature.
- Locking Mechanism: Think about what is more quick and convenient for you. A combination lock or a key. If you are trying to protect your home, you should base this decision off of your ease of finding a key or entering a combination in the dark.
- Customer Reviews: Make sure you read the customer reviews. There were a few cases that didn’t have anything negative reported. You will want to figure out your needs and then once you’ve narrowed that down you can check the reviews of your top choices to further narrow down your options. Eventually, you’ll be left with something everyone was happy to use. Reading reviews saves you time, and gives a better chance that you’ll purchase quality the first time around.
We also recommend you to take a look at our articles best handgun safes, ten fireproof safes for cash and documents, best small safes for home, top rated long gun cases, and best gun cases related to your home security and safety of your loved ones.
Best Pistol Case FAQ
Q. Can I carry my gun around in my case without a legal license?
A. No, everyone will have to pay attention to the laws in their specific safe, but hiding a gun in a box or location while in your own possession needs to be backed up by a weapons permit.
Q. Are all cases waterproof?
A. No, it depends on the manufacturer. In the specs you will look for waterproof mentioned in the features. There is a special process that takes place to make cases waterproof, so if a case is waterproof, it will be mentioned in the specs.
Q. What is the best type of locking system?
A. It depends on where you want to keep your case. If it’s for the bedroom or night stand, you might want quick access and therefore want a combination entry. If you’re ok with finding a key under pressure, you might choose a key locked entry. Keep in mind there are also cases with a dual option.
Making The Decision
Now that you know what types of cases for pistols are out there, you can make an informed decision of what case suits you best. Remember the people around you that need to be protected from your firearms.
Cases are important to have because they help us keep our guns and ammo together, and they also help us transport our pistols from one place to another.
If your only concern is transporting your pistols to the gun range, then your decision will be even easier to make. You need a case that fits your current size guns, or a case that can fit all the pieces of your gun once you remove accessories to get it to travel easier.
Remember to check your budget against your needs. The best quality case might not be inexpensive. Check reviews, you want the best pistol case that has proven to be a great purchase.
Once you’ve narrowed everything down, stop browsing and go ahead and purchase a pistol case that will help you transport your firearms and store your firearms while keeping you and your family as safe as possible!