Many of us perform the same daily routine and we never know when we will find ourselves in a dangerous situation. Depending on the situation we might not be able to run, or we might be too afraid to get a scream out, and that’s why we need a personal alarm for backup security.
There’s a variety of these alarms on the market so we’ve tried to help you narrow it down by learning all we could about the best alarms available.
We’ve matched these alarms side by side comparing features such as loudness, size, and ease of use. You need to buy the best personal safety alarm for reliability in an emergency situation.
A common alarm will not be as dependable. This guide explains it all and will help point you in the right direction to getting the perfect alarm to keep yourself and your loved ones safe.
How Does Personal Safety Alarms Work?
Personal safety alarms will sound a loud alarm when activated, alerting those in the area that you need help. These alarms come in various types and they are all manually activated by the user either pushing a button or pulling a pin.
There are alarms that are more advanced that can attach to your phone and will reach out to your chosen contacts if you’d like. The goal of these alarms is to startle and disorient the attacker, allowing you to get away to safety.
Some alarms are good enough to scare the person away or hurt their ears in close range, but the majority of them are strong enough to catch the attention of someone else in the area.
- 1 How Does Personal Safety Alarms Work?
- 2 Comparison Personal Safety Alarms
- 3 10 Best Personal Safety Alarms on the Market Today:
- 3.1 1. Meemoo Personal Alarms Safety with Keychain, Bright LED Flashlight
- 3.2 2. Personal Alarm for Women Self-Defense Security Alarm Keychain with LED Light
- 3.3 3. Vigilant Personal Alarm Safety for Kids – Protection Alarm with LED Light
- 3.4 4. Vigilant 130dB Personal Alarm Safety
- 3.5 5. B A S U eAlarm, America’s #1 Emergency Alarm for Girls and Boys
- 3.6 6. Katana Safety Arc Personal Safety Alarm for Women
- 3.7 7. ANRUI Personal Alarm Keychain SOS Emergency Self Defense for Women Elderly Kids Adventurer Night Workers
- 3.8 8. WOSPORTS Safesound Personal Alarm SOS Alarm with LED Self-Defense Security
- 3.9 9. Personal Alarm, HUMUTU Safesound Personal Security Alarms for Women
- 3.10 10. Suyisy Safesound Personal Alarm SOS Survival Alarms for Kids,Women and Elders
- 4 Tips on Choosing the Best Personal Safety Alarm
- 5 Factors to Consider When Buying a Personal Safety Alarm
- 6 Personal Safety Alarm FAQ
- 7 Making The Decision
Comparison Personal Safety Alarms
- Our Rating
- Easy to use.
1 x 1 x 2 inches.
10 Best Personal Safety Alarms on the Market Today:
Tips on Choosing the Best Personal Safety Alarm
- Price: Don’t aim for the cheapest product possible. Compare your products and you’ll notice that the more expensive one might have additional features that you like. If you don’t care for that then you can just focus on the more reliable product. A good alarm can still cost less than $20 and last a long time.
- Reviews: Look and see how many people are using the alarm. If they cared enough to leave a good review, then you know you’re purchasing a dependable product.
- Brand: Sometimes it’s best to go with a brand that is known for the product you are researching. Vigilant is brands that are popular and trusted in alarm makes. You want a product that will not fail.
Factors to Consider When Buying a Personal Safety Alarm
- Ease of Use: Make sure the process to activate the alarm is really simple. You don’t want to have to struggle to get your alert going. The most popular method of alarm activation is a pin pull out.
- Type of alarm: Think about the type of alarm that will be the fastest for your strengths. If you can’t see well or you’re older some alarms can be tricky to activate and deactivate. Having larger fingers could hinder your ability to work certain alarms as well and in those cases, you might want a push-button instead of a pull pin
- Loudness: The most effective alarms are within the range of 110db to 140db. Don’t be afraid of using an alarm with a short hearing range. The most important task of the personal alarm is to throw off the attacker. You want to startle them or at least make them uncomfortable with the sound.
- Size: If you’re going out at night for meetings or work, you might need a smaller size alarm that you can easily keep close by. Think about something you can connect to your purse, bag or belt loop. If you’re out doing an activity such as jogging or camping, you might prefer a larger alarm that you can wear on your wrist. There are not many self-defense tools; Check out our tactical pens and self defense canes. They can help you in an unforeseen situation, they are compact and have a great design.
Personal Safety Alarm FAQ
If you still feel that you or your child need more security, we strongly recommend that you look best gps tracker for kids.
Making The Decision
It’s now time to stop wondering if you need one of these devices and just get one. If you’re reading about personal safety, then you must have an idea that you can use more security during your day. The good news is you’ve learned about the best personal safety alarm on the market and you know what works the easiest for you.
Take note of the reviews you read. You don’t want anything that breaks easily or that you will keep setting off by accident. You do want something that you can quickly reach and navigate in the event of an emergency.
Everyone’s best choice may differ depending on abilities and routines, but there’s no need to worry. Your perfect device is waiting, go ahead be safe, and purchase it now!