Peephole door cameras are a great new way to track the traffic that is approaching your home. For the safety of you and your family, you need a device in place to record all suspicious activity outside.
Criminals are bolder than ever, trying to test the front door before a forced entry. Everyone needs safety and security. That’s why we’ve gathered information on the top peephole cameras on the market.
We’ve compared the specs of various cameras with a range of features. We’ve read customer reviews as well to provide you with relevant information to make an informed decision.
It’s important that you purchase the best peephole camera because you need a device that works best for your needs. A mediocre camera might have a failing motion sensor or extremely poor image quality.
We’ve laid all of the information out for you so you don’t pick a bad camera.
- 1 Peephole Cameras Comparison
- 2 10 Best Peephole Cameras on the Market Today:
- 2.1 1. LaView Wireless Video Doorbell, Wi-Fi Door Bell Camera, Peephole Camera with LED Touch Screen
- 2.2 2. Ring Video Doorbell 2 with HD Video
- 2.3 3. digitsea digital doorbell peephole door camera
- 2.4 4. ZYLFN Home HD Wireless Video Doorbell, 2.4inch Peephole Doorbell Camera
- 2.5 5. Brinno Front Door Peephole Security Camera
- 2.6 6. Greeter Plus Digital Door Viewer & Doorbell
- 2.7 7. Brinno SHC500K – with Knocking Sensor
- 2.8 8. Eques #1 Selling – VEIU Mini Smart Video Doorbell & Door Viewer
- 2.9 9. Home Video Door Eye Viewer Security Camera
- 2.10 10. 5.8G Wireless Door Peephole Camera with DVR 100m Range 90 Degree VOA 5-inch Screen Motion Detect Recording XR-TE850H
- 3 Tips on Choosing the Top Peephole Camera
- 4 Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Peephole Camera
- 5 Best Peephole Camera FAQ
- 6 Making The Decision
Peephole Cameras Comparison
|LaView Wireless Video Doorbell, Wi-Fi Door Bell Camera, Peephole Camera with LED Touch Screen, Wire-Free/Rechargeable Battery/Night Vision/Two-Way Audio/Mobile View||Prime||Buy Now|
|Ring Video Doorbell 2 with HD Video, Motion Activated Alerts, Easy Installation||Prime||Buy Now|
|digitsea digital doorbell peephole door camera 3.5 inches TFT LCD screen Night vision wide angle/Video Record/Photo shooting||X||Buy Now|
|ZYLFN Home HD Wireless Video Doorbell,2.4inch Peephole Doorbell Camera Night Vision Video Record 160°Wide Angle Lens Photo Shooting||X||Buy Now|
|Brinno Front Door Peephole Security Camera- Motion Detection - Knocking Sensor- Easy to Install- Superior Battery Life - Clear Image - Wire-Free - Digital Visitor Log- Black (SHC1000)||Prime||Buy Now|
|Greeter Plus Digital Door Viewer & Doorbell - LCD Security Camera Monitor 165° Wide Angle Lens Video Record Photo Shooting - with Motion Sensor - No APP - Peephole Needed (Gold Earth - Plus)||Prime||Buy Now|
|Brinno SHC500K - with Knocking Sensor- Theft Proof- Easy Install- Clear Image- Wire Free- Digital Visitor Log- Smart Home Peephole Camera, 2.7", Black||No Prime Logo||Buy Now|
|Eques #1 Selling - VEIU Mini Smart Video Doorbell & Door Viewer - Rechargeable and Easy Installation - Award Winning Digital Peephole WiFi Security Camera (Night Vision) - iOS & Android||No Prime Logo||Buy Now|
|Home Video Door Eye Viewer Security Camera Visual Door Electronic Cat Eyes 3.5" Digital LCD 120 Degree Peephole Viewer Photo Visual Monitoring||Prime||Buy Now|
|5.8G Wireless Door Peephole Camera with DVR 100m Range 90 Degree VOA 5-inch Screen Motion Detect Recording XR-TE850H||No Prime Logo||Buy Now|
10 Best Peephole Cameras on the Market Today:
This Wi-Fi doorbell camera allows you to see your doorstep live with high definition. You can also see recordings in 720P HD. It’s 100% Wire-free and has smart power-saving that gets the most out of the battery.
You will get a notification to your phone as soon as someone touches your doorbell or if the motion sensors detect movement at your doorstep. You can communicate with your visitors through the built-in microphone and speakers.
Look back on your recorded footage from anywhere at any time with a combination of storage options.
Overall this doorbell camera works really well. It is best for people who are not always home as well as for those who would rather use the display instead of a phone device.
With clear picture and long lasting battery this might be the best wireless peephole camera for front door.
This wi-fi video doorbell comes in three different colors: satin nickel, brass, and Venetian bronze. It is compatible with Alexa if the customer owns a screen Alexa device. Alexa can alert you when there is a visitor and allow two-way communication.
Check our full Ring Doorbell review and comparison with SkyBell.
More than half of the customers who own this peephole camera appreciate that it’s easy to install and use. At least one person reported catching a thief right after they installed their peephole camera.
Overall, this device can be considered the best door peephole security camera you will buy. It has great daytime video, it’s easy to install and it also integrates with other smart devices such as Alexa.
It has a sensitive motion sensor which means you will potentially catch more than you will miss. It works really well as a security camera product.
This doorbell peephole camera offers LCD screen night vision, wide-screen, and automatic picture and video. The required power is 4 AA batteries (not included).
Customers who have purchased this product like that it’s simple for Baby Boomers to set up and use. The best digital peephole viewer review reports that the night vision works well and the screen is large enough to see who is outside from a distance.
Overall this digital doorbell camera seems to work really well. It provides a clear wide view in the day and night that can be seen from a distance. It automatically takes a photo or records video.
The next best peephole camera comes with or without a doorbell. It has a wide lens and night vision for the best home security. It offers 3 modes to fit your situation including “at home”, “leave home”, and “do not disturb”.
You can use this product with your existing peephole and without damaging your door. Customers will need the 3 section AAA battery and TF card to work the video doorbell (batteries and TF card sold separately).
Customers who are using this product are enjoying the quality picture. The daytime camera is reported to be very clear, and the night vision looks good enough that you can make out who the person outside may be.
This is a great home security peephole camera. It provides a clear picture, a wide view, and a very easy 5 minute setup. Best of all there is no application or wi-fi needed.
This front door security camera comes in 3 styles: SHC1000, SHC500, SHC500K. The camera is activated from a doorbell press or a knock. It offers a clear image and the battery lasts for about 1,800 triggers.
It only takes a few minutes to install, and the device operates from the inside so you don’t have to worry about it being snatched off of your door.
The majority of customers who have purchased this motion activated peephole camera are happy that they don’t have to alter their door to get this device installed. It uses the peephole you already have.
A large majority of the customers who bought this peephole camera were really happy. If you purchase this book you can look forward to quality images and a long lasting battery with a camera that won’t get stolen.
The motion and knock sensor make this camera worth the investment.
This digital door viewer and camera come in 3 different colors including golden earth, space gray, and golden earth-plus. It works without a smartphone, taking pictures and recording videos of your daily visitors.
You won’t miss anything with the wide-angle lens showing a 165-degree view. It offers a clear image in the daytime and evening, and you don’t have to worry about buying replacement batteries because this device is equipped with rechargeables.
Best of all it installs into your current peephole.
Customers who reviewed this product said it’s easy to install even if you don’t already have a peephole.
Overall for the price, the majority of users are happy with this product. If your preference is a simple device that doesn’t require a smart phone, has easy set up and rechargeable batteries, then this is the best peephole camera you can purchase.
This smart peephole camera comes in 3 styles: SHC1000, SHC500, and SHC500K. The camera responds to any vibration at your door and will take an instant video or snap including the time and date.
There’s no hardwiring involved in the installation, and the battery lasts for about 3,000 triggers. There’s no struggle to review your footage. Playback is activated with a single button.
A little more than half of the customers that reviewed this product appreciate that it uses the existing peephole. It reportedly works really well, the installation is simple and the picture is really clear even with a dim exterior light.
This wireless peephole camera with monitor works well for those who do not need to sync to a cell phone. A lot of the happy customers who reviewed this product seemed to be using it at an apartment.
Even with the cons, this product seems to get overall positive reviews from the majority of its owners.
This top-selling video doorbell is great for children and seniors. It’s compatible with smartphones but it also works fine without one. It has a wide-angle lens so you can see everything that’s happening outside of your door.
Installation is simple and you don’t need a doorbell or access to home electricity. This device provides a clear image during the day and the night.
Customers who reviewed this product said it took about 10 minutes to set up, and it had a great picture and audio quality. Customers are also reporting that pairing with smart devices is very simple once the app is downloaded.
This smart video doorbell camera provides lots of security for your home. It offers a clear video in daytime and nightime and it’s easy to install. Sync it with your smartphone with little effort, or you can use it without a synced device.
This video doorbell has a beautiful ultra-thin design. It will provide you with 24-hour monitoring outside your front door. It is easy enough for children and seniors to operate.
Customers who are using this product report that it’s multiple times better than using the plain peephole. It is easy to install and there is good picture quality in the daylight. Overall it is a good quality product for the price.
This video peephole camera is easy to install, provides great picture quality and boots up pretty fast when you’re trying to see who’s visiting. If you’re okay purchasing your own rechargeable batteries and are not too dependant on night vision, then this is right device for you.
This wireless peephole camera is the same size as your regular door peephole for a natural look. It has low illumination which makes it possible to see who is outside your door even in poor lighting. Also if you care about the hiddenness of the camera, those great light bulb security cameras can be a better choice and for a more affordable price.
It doesn’t work with wifi and the DVR has to be on the same channel for a connection.
This device is nice if you’re just looking for a discreet device to get a clear image of who is outside your door. Your picture will be clear during the day and night, and if you purchase a DVR you can sync up the channels and make it work.
Use this camera to keep from unknowingly letting intruders into your home.
Tips on Choosing the Top Peephole Camera
- Clear image is important: Make sure you’re picking a camera that provides a quality image during the day and during the evening. It doesn’t have to be picture perfect, but the image needs to be clear enough that you can make out who the visitor is.
- Motion Sensor Adjustments: Try to get a camera that allows you to adjust the sensitivity of the motion sensor. Several customers have reported getting notifications of cars driving by or receiving a picture of the back of a person’s head. The sensor should be able to be adjusted for your individual needs.
- Try to meet the majority of your needs: Aim for a camera that meets what you feel is most important. Camera capabilities will easily narrow down your list of options, so think about features that you refuse to negotiate on and continue narrowing down from there.
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Peephole Camera
- Picture quality: grainy is ok as long as you can make out the person outside your home. If you refuse to waiver on a grainy photo, aim for a more expensive better quality picture camera. Pay great attention to the resolution in the specs.
- Camera angle: If you have a wide entrance to your home, you might need to see more outside your front door. You might aim for a wide-angle camera to meet your needs.
- Doorbell: See how well the doorbell rings. Some people have complained about doorbells not being loud enough. You need something you can hear throughout your home.
- Type of Peephole Camera: Think about what you prefer. Do you want a camera with a doorbell attached? Do you need motion detection? Do you want your camera to be activated as soon as your door is knocked on or the doorbell is pressed? These special features are very specific and will narrow your options down to a few of the top peephole cameras you’ll find on the market.
- Wifi Connectivity: Do you want your camera to send you to push notifications and live notifications when someone is at your door? This feature gives you the option of having two-way communication with your visitors while you’re away from your home. If you expect important guests and you are often away from your home, this type of device might be the best option. This is also a good choice for people on the go who do not have time to sit in front of the machine and review several visit recordings and snapshots.
- Budget: Think about your budget, but then get ready to adjust it for the things that are most important for you. The more advanced features your peephole camera has the more it will cost you.
Best Peephole Camera FAQ
How can I protect my doorbell camera from theft?
A. Unfortunately, the only way to ensure your device will not be stolen from the outside of your door is to purchase an interior installed theft-proof peephole camera.
These types of devices have all of the hardware indoors with you. All your visitors will see is the peephole on the outside of your door. Some device manufacturers offer theft protection for situations where your device gets stolen, so you might want to look out for those also.
Will I have to create a new peephole?
A. In most cases no. The majority of the top peephole door cameras attach directly to your existing peephole slot. If your door does not have a peephole you might have to purchase a drill bit if the camera doesn’t come with the hardware.
Will my door be too thick for the peephole camera?
A. Most likely not. The peephole cameras are designed to fit the average size of peepholes and door thickness. The thickest your new peephole might go is about 3.5inches.
Some devices come with various size screws to help with installation for the different door thicknesses.
Making The Decision
Now that you know as much as possible about peephole cameras you know that it’s worth the investment to purchase the best one and start making your home more secure.
Peephole cameras are great because they let us know when expected and unexpected guests visit our property. We have a safety advantage when we can choose to either open our door or address a would-be burglar and deter them from entering our home.
Remember to think about what’s important to you regarding the functionality of your best peephole camera. Evaluate your options, and when you narrow it down, read the overall customer reviews and see if there are any weaknesses in your final choice.
Once you’ve figured out which device suits you best, go out there and purchase the top peephole camera for the safety of you and your family!