Peephole door cameras are a great new way to track the traffic that is approaching your home. For the safety of you and your family, you need a device in place to record all suspicious activity outside.
Criminals are bolder than ever, trying to test the front door before a forced entry. Everyone needs safety and security. That’s why we’ve gathered information on the top peephole cameras on the market.
We’ve compared the specs of various cameras with a range of features. We’ve read customer reviews as well to provide you with relevant information to make an informed decision.
It’s important that you purchase the best peephole camera because you need a device that works best for your needs. A mediocre camera might have a failing motion sensor or extremely poor image quality.
We’ve laid all of the information out for you so you don’t pick a bad camera.
- 1 Peephole Cameras Comparison
- 2 10 Best Peephole Cameras on the Market Today:
- 2.1 1. LaView Wireless Video Doorbell, Wi-Fi Door Bell Camera, Peephole Camera with LED Touch Screen
- 2.2 2. Ring Video Doorbell 2 with HD Video
- 2.3 3. digitsea digital doorbell peephole door camera
- 2.4 4. ZYLFN Home HD Wireless Video Doorbell, 2.4inch Peephole Doorbell Camera
- 2.5 5. Brinno Front Door Peephole Security Camera
- 2.6 6. Greeter Plus Digital Door Viewer & Doorbell
- 2.7 7. Brinno SHC500K – with Knocking Sensor
- 2.8 8. Eques Digital Door Viewer – LCD Security Camera Monitor Video Record
- 2.9 9. Home Video Door Eye Viewer Security Camera
- 2.10 10. 5.8G Wireless Door Peephole Camera with DVR 100m Range 90 Degree VOA 5-inch Screen Motion Detect Recording XR-TE850H
- 3 Tips on Choosing the Top Peephole Camera
- 4 Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Peephole Camera
- 5 Best Peephole Camera FAQ
- 6 Making The Decision
Peephole Cameras Comparison
|LaView Wireless Video Doorbell, Wi-Fi Door Bell Camera, Peephole Camera with LED Touch Screen, Wire-Free/Rechargeable Battery/Night Vision/Two-Way Audio/Mobile View||Prime||Buy Now|
|Ring Video Doorbell 2 with HD Video, Motion Activated Alerts, Easy Installation||Prime||Buy Now|
|digitsea digital doorbell peephole door camera 3.5 inches TFT LCD screen Night vision wide angle/Video Record/Photo shooting||X||Buy Now|
|ZYLFN Home HD Wireless Video Doorbell,2.4inch Peephole Doorbell Camera Night Vision Video Record 160°Wide Angle Lens Photo Shooting||X||Buy Now|
|Brinno Front Door Peephole Security Camera- Motion Detection - Knocking Sensor- Easy to Install- Superior Battery Life - Clear Image - Wire-Free - Digital Visitor Log- Black (SHC1000)||Prime||Buy Now|
|Greeter Plus Digital Door Viewer & Doorbell - LCD Security Camera Monitor 165° Wide Angle Lens Video Record Photo Shooting - with Motion Sensor - No APP - Peephole Needed (Gold Earth - Plus)||Prime||Buy Now|
|Brinno SHC500K - with Knocking Sensor- Theft Proof- Easy Install- Clear Image- Wire Free- Digital Visitor Log- Smart Home Peephole Camera, 2.7", Black||No Prime Logo||Buy Now|
|Eques Digital Door Viewer - LCD Security Camera Monitor Video Record Photo Shooting (No Night Vision, No PIR Motion Sensor)||Prime||Buy Now|
|Home Video Door Eye Viewer Security Camera Visual Door Electronic Cat Eyes 3.5" Digital LCD 120 Degree Peephole Viewer Photo Visual Monitoring||Prime||Buy Now|
|5.8G Wireless Door Peephole Camera with DVR 100m Range 90 Degree VOA 5-inch Screen Motion Detect Recording XR-TE850H||No Prime Logo||Buy Now|
10 Best Peephole Cameras on the Market Today:
Tips on Choosing the Top Peephole Camera
- Clear image is important: Make sure you’re picking a camera that provides a quality image during the day and during the evening. It doesn’t have to be picture perfect, but the image needs to be clear enough that you can make out who the visitor is.
- Motion Sensor Adjustments: Try to get a camera that allows you to adjust the sensitivity of the motion sensor. Several customers have reported getting notifications of cars driving by or receiving a picture of the back of a person’s head. The sensor should be able to be adjusted for your individual needs.
- Try to meet the majority of your needs: Aim for a camera that meets what you feel is most important. Camera capabilities will easily narrow down your list of options, so think about features that you refuse to negotiate on and continue narrowing down from there.
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Peephole Camera
- Picture quality: grainy is ok as long as you can make out the person outside your home. If you refuse to waiver on a grainy photo, aim for a more expensive better quality picture camera. Pay great attention to the resolution in the specs.
- Camera angle: If you have a wide entrance to your home, you might need to see more outside your front door. You might aim for a wide-angle camera to meet your needs.
- Doorbell: See how well the doorbell rings. Some people have complained about doorbells not being loud enough. You need something you can hear throughout your home.
- Type of Peephole Camera: Think about what you prefer. Do you want a camera with a doorbell attached? Do you need motion detection? Do you want your camera to be activated as soon as your door is knocked on or the doorbell is pressed? These special features are very specific and will narrow your options down to a few of the top peephole cameras you’ll find on the market.
- Wifi Connectivity: Do you want your camera to send you to push notifications and live notifications when someone is at your door? This feature gives you the option of having two-way communication with your visitors while you’re away from your home. If you expect important guests and you are often away from your home, this type of device might be the best option. This is also a good choice for people on the go who do not have time to sit in front of the machine and review several visit recordings and snapshots.
- Budget: Think about your budget, but then get ready to adjust it for the things that are most important for you. The more advanced features your peephole camera has the more it will cost you.
Best Peephole Camera FAQ
How can I protect my doorbell camera from theft?
A. Unfortunately, the only way to ensure your device will not be stolen from the outside of your door is to purchase an interior installed theft-proof peephole camera.
These types of devices have all of the hardware indoors with you. All your visitors will see is the peephole on the outside of your door. Some device manufacturers offer theft protection for situations where your device gets stolen, so you might want to look out for those also.
Will I have to create a new peephole?
A. In most cases no. The majority of the top peephole door cameras attach directly to your existing peephole slot. If your door does not have a peephole you might have to purchase a drill bit if the camera doesn’t come with the hardware.
Will my door be too thick for the peephole camera?
A. Most likely not. The peephole cameras are designed to fit the average size of peepholes and door thickness. The thickest your new peephole might go is about 3.5inches.
Some devices come with various size screws to help with installation for the different door thicknesses.
Making The Decision
Now that you know as much as possible about peephole cameras you know that it’s worth the investment to purchase the best one and start making your home more secure.
Peephole cameras are great because they let us know when expected and unexpected guests visit our property. We have a safety advantage when we can choose to either open our door or address a would-be burglar and deter them from entering our home.
Remember to think about what’s important to you regarding the functionality of your best peephole camera. Evaluate your options, and when you narrow it down, read the overall customer reviews and see if there are any weaknesses in your final choice.
Once you’ve figured out which device suits you best, go out there and purchase the top peephole camera for the safety of you and your family!