A mortise lock is a special type of heavy-duty lock that has various components housed in the interior of the door. The mortise lock is considered to be more secure than the standard cylindrical lock and can provide the best safety for your family if you install it on your entry door.
The challenge begins with deciding which mortise lock set best suits your door and that’s why we’re providing you with a list of the top mortise locks on the market.
We’ve already compared features like door thickness, ease of installation, and durability. You have to invest in the best mortise locks so you can properly secure your home.
An average lock will not be durable or reliable, placing your safety at risk. This resource is a great place to gain the information you’ll need to know before you make your final decision.
- 1 List of 10 Best Mortise Lock & Lock Sets on the Market:
- 1.1 1. Wright Products VMT115PB Serenade Style Mortise Lock Set, Brass
- 1.2 2. Prime-Line Products Prime-Line E 2495 Mortise Lock Set Keyed Knob
- 1.3 3. PRIME-LINE E 2294 Vintage Style Indoor Mortise Lock Set Assembly Kit
- 1.4 4. Stanley Best 45H Fail Safe Electrified Mortise Lock Set
- 1.5 5. PINEWORLD Biometric Fingerprint SmartMortise Lock Set, Q202 Electronic Keyless
- 1.6 6. Global Door Controls 1-1/8 in. Mortise Lock Set Body
- 1.7 7. Prime-Line E 2497 Mortise Keyed Lock Set with Glass Knob
- 1.8 8. Pella 2 Point Bolt Mortise Lock Set Body, Storm Door White
- 1.9 9. Samsung SHS-H705-FBK Biometric Digital Door Lock, Touch Screen with Large Mortise
- 1.10 10. Guard Security Gotham Heavy Duty Mortise Attached Lockset
- 2 What is the Mortise Lock?
- 3 Factors to Consider When Buying a Mortise Lock Sets
- 4 Conclusion
Our Top Pick Mortise Lock sets
- Our Rating
- Wright Products VMT115PB Serenade Style Mortise Lock Set, Brass.
Escutcheon plates and levers have a classic design to enhance the look for your door.
Built-in keyed deadbolt lock for increased security
- Our Rating
- Prime-Line Products Prime-Line E 2495 Mortise Lock Set Keyed Knob.
Made from steel.
Fits 1 3/8 inch – 1 3/4 inch interior doors.
- Our Rating
- PRIME-LINE E 2294 Vintage Style Indoor Mortise Lock Set Assembly Kit.
3/8 inch backset with 9/32 inch square spindle drive can take a max spindle size of 1/4 inch.
Includes latch and deadbolt strike with fasteners(Square spindle, door knobs, trim plates, and spare keys are sold separately).
List of 10 Best Mortise Lock & Lock Sets on the Market:
What is the Mortise Lock?
Factors to Consider When Buying a Mortise Lock Sets
If you’ve finished reading this compilation of mortise locks then you are a lot better off than the average mortise lock shopper. The final step is making the decision about which mortise lockset will provide the best security for you so you can purchase one.
Burglary is becoming more and more common in all neighborhoods, so now is the best time to go ahead and invest in a locking system that will benefit you and your family. Take your door thickness measurements, think about what type of lock you need, how many, the age of your doors and where they will be installed.
If you’re nervous about installation, remember to contact a locksmith, especially for your perimeter doors. Check out the reviews to make sure you’ll be happy with your purchase and then invest in a mortise locking system that will keep you and your family safe at all times.