Pocket doors are fantastic to have when there’s an open space that needs to divide. You’ll find these sliding doors in tight areas where there’s no room for a door to swing.
Some find it more stylish to have the door behind the wall. When we start dividing a space, one concern we have is privacy, and that’s why we need locks on our pocket doors for minimal security.
The challenge is figuring out which pocket door lock is best and that’s why we’ve completed all the research and are the masters of the best pocket door hardware.
We compared features such as ease of use, ease of installation, and ease of fit. Purchasing the best pocket door locks is the right thing because they are reliable, durable, and simple to operate, a mediocre lock might get stuck or break easily.
All the information you can learn about those locks is right here to help you decide.
Our List for 8 Best Pocket Door Locks on the Market Today
This pocket door privacy lock by Prime-Line can be used to make the replacement of pocket door locks very fast and straightforward. It can used on right and left-handed doors.
Swap out old or broken looks without replacing your whole door. This durable mortise lock made from solid brass, so it is durable, and it will last you a long time.
Customers find this lock and pull unit very convenient because it can set for right or left operation. It includes a cutting template for your door, and the instructions are extremely clear.
It works good, this might be the best pocket door privacy lock on the market.
This satin nickel privacy lock with pull works great for people who need to add a little privacy to a room. This lock is convenient for any type of operation and it is easy to replace if it breaks or gets damaged.
Get one today and restore your private space!
This round pocket door lock by Kwikset works well for your bedroom or bathroom door without cutting a new notch. You can buy this lock as a single unit or up to a pack of 4. The locking mechanism in this imported lock will work with the turn piece on lock interior.
Customers like the functionality of this product and that it can be easily installed with a screwdriver. It looks nice and it’s very convenient the way it fits most doors.
This lock is easy to install, but it might become difficult to use after a while. If you need a slick replacement, don’t have impaired fingers, and aren’t too worried about a lock that’s a little hard to grab, then this is the right lock for you.
Get your simple setup and start locking your pocket door today!
This commercial-grade hardware for a pocket door is 72,” but it also comes in 48, 60, and 96 inches. The equipment is for top hung pocket doors and even includes a nylon wheel. This package works great for custom pocket and sliding door installations. It made from robust materials.
Customers love the new smoothness they are experiencing with this pocket door set. The pocket door hardware reviews show that installation is simple to complete as long as you look at a how-to video first. The parts are designed well and the product seems durable overall.
If you’re looking for privacy pocket door hardware, then this set will work great for your needs. This long-lasting hardware set is durable and is excellent quality.
Customers who have replaced old doors wished this hardware set was the original. Think of all the additional open areas in your home and get ready to divide them and add some privacy.
Be sure to measure your door width, height, and thickness to make sure you get the right size. Get this set today to experience your sliding and pocket doors running smoother than ever before!
This satin nickel lock by Schlage is available in one pack up to a four-pack. The dimensions of this lock are 1-1/2″D x 2-1/4″H. It has a satin nickel finish and reversible plates. This lock designed for sliding doors.
Customers didn’t take long to install this lock. It has a great finish, but the lock itself is a little hard to turn. The locking mechanism is also not that strong.
The hardware and construction of this lock are of solid quality, however, this lock can be difficult to operate. If you need something from a trusted brand that is easy to install and looks really nice this is a pretty good choice.
Buy your pocket door lock now and get a quick and simple solution to your privacy needs!
This round pocket door latch works well for your bathroom or bedroom door. This one pack is also available up to a five-pack. It has a rounded design, so you don’t have to cut out any new notches in your current door. This lock has an oil rubbed bronze finish.
Customers report that this product is long-lasting and it looks nice. It is simple to operate and the installation takes very little effort. Your fingers will fit into the opening with ease.
This lock is a great product. As long as you install it properly you will get an easy to use and long-lasting room of privacy. It is sturdy and looks really nice.
Add hassle-free privacy to your door today by purchasing this pocket door latch today!
This pocket door latch by Baldwin is a narrow solid forged brass edge pull. It has a satin nickel finish. However, it is also available in antique nickel, chrome, oil-rubbed bronze, and satin brass/black.
The projection is 3/4″W x 3 7/8″H x 1 5/8″. Install this product on your bathroom, closet, hallway, or laundry pocket doors.
Customers believe that this door pull looks nice, but it can be a challenge to install. It is a reliable door pull and your fingers will be able to grab on to it easily.
This product looks great once you get it installed. Put on your patience hat and take your time with installation. It’s a reliable pull that will last you a long time.
If you’re looking for a solid addition to your pocket door, this is good quality. Don’t waste any more time, go invest in your privacy right now!
This privacy lock by Designer Impressions is oil rubbed bronze, and the size is 2-1/2″ x 2-3/4″. This smart lock is all you’ll need to add some privacy to one of your pocket doors. Restrict areas from the kids, or designate a place to relax without the worries of someone barging in on you.
Customers are saying this product makes the best pocket door bathroom lock you find. It is easy to setup and it works really well. It is durable and it can add a bit of style to the door once you’ve installed it.
This privacy lock is a great addition to anyone of your pocket doors in the home. It works well consistently and it looks good too.
You’ll install this lock within minutes and have a durable lock and lasting privacy. No more rushing through your bathroom visits to keep someone from walking in on you. Get some guaranteed privacy by purchasing your pocket door lock today!
This bolt by Schlage is for a pocket sliding door, and it is very safe and easy to use. It is spring activated, so you don’t have to press so hard to get it to work.
Customers love this door lock. One of the most exciting features is that you can lock the door from both sides with this lock.
That function is extremely handy when you have a pocket door on a shared bathroom between your room and a guest room. this lock looks great and it is easy to operate. It also works really well.
Customers who are not seasoned carpenters will need to evaluate the door a little find the perfect spot to install this device.
If your home has a common area bathroom, then this product is the perfect solution to keep people from walking in by accident.
Add a bit of style while you securely separate your rooms with your lovely pocket door lock. Don’t delay anyone’s comfort any longer; go out and get this lock today!
Tips on Choosing the Best Pocket Door Locks
- Adjustable latch: Aim to get a pocket door lock that fits all standard sized doors. Otherwise, you will have cut out a new notch or possibly adjust the notch you already have, which can be tedious to get the right fit.
- Locking Mechanism: Try to get a lock that can easily operate with your fingers. Makes the lock more convenient to unlock or lock at all times easily.
- Reliability: You’ll need a lock that works consistently. Make sure you read reviews to get a feel for how much you can trust the lock you are considering. You don’t want anyone getting stuck in or out of the bathroom.
- Emergency Release: Situations do happen, including children getting stuck in the bathroom, or the lock can break, and you can’t get in or out. Try to get a lock that has an emergency release on it. Worse case, aim for a lock that can undo with a coin or screwdriver.
- Installation: New pocket door lock purchasers need to understand when installing a lock, the unit needs to be flush against the door, no matter your lock choice. If your lock isn’t flush, it will have problems functioning. Additionally, pay attention to where you install the strike plate. The strike plate and the lock will need to meet up just right for the door to be secured, and any gaps will allow the door to open slightly and defeat the purpose of the lock.
Factors to Consider When Buying a Pocket Door Locks
- A number of pocket door locks needed: Do you have multiple pocket doors? If so, you might want to consider purchasing a set of locks. Some of them are available in bulk, and that can help you save money, but also get all of your locks installed at one time.
- Ease of Installation: Not all pocket door lock kits come with a set of instructions. Think about whether you’re doing this yourself or not. If you are, you’ll need to potentially be ready to watch a video online to figure out how to complete the installation.
- Finger Impairments: Don’t buy a lock that is difficult to operate if you have arthritis or any other finger impairment. The most comfortable locks are the ones that are simple to use with your fingers, but if your fingers are hard to use, then you might want to reconsider your lock style.
- Look of the Lock: It’s not a big deal, but if you have a beautiful door you’ll want a lock that will match in style. Some locks even come in different brush finishes.
- Door thickness: Your lock will let you know what minimum size width a door needs for it to work. Pay attention to this measurement and measure your door. You don’t want to purchase the wrong size lock or other hardware.
- Strength of Lock: New purchasers should always remember that locks for pocket doors are meant to provide a low level of privacy. They will not keep out intruders or protect you from any severe amount of force. Only use these locks on doors that where you need a division of space such as a bathroom, bedroom, laundry room, or closet. These locks are also great to install on tiny play area doors for your babies.
- Other tools: Even though all of the hardware might arrive with the lock, you might still need your devices to complete the installation fully. Machines you might want on hand include a bit, a hammer, a tape measure, nails, a good drill, and possible a hole saw kit.
- Interior or Exterior Locks: Some locks offer both an inside and outside lock, which is very necessary for someone with common area spaces that need division. If you don’t need an option for both, you’ll still need to think about whether you need your lock to be an interior or exterior lock.
- Left or Right Handed doors: Some locks work for both types of doors, if you have a specific door design you might want to check if the lock is compatible for your door style before purchasing
Pocket Door Locks FAQ
Q. Why do I need a pocket door lock?
A. The purpose of a pocket door lock is to provide minimal privacy between two areas. If there is already a dividing door, then space can be closed off if you want it to be. Places where people usually want or need privacy is in the bedroom, bathroom, closet, or other areas where small children shouldn’t have unsupervised access.
Q. What happens if the pocket door lock breaks?
A. Most of the locks that are available on the market today built for the ease of replacement. Either you are replacing a lock that was once there, or you are installing a brand new one. No matter your situation, you can easily remove the old lock and replace it with a new one without a struggle.
Q. How do I determine which is the best pocket door lock?
A. Your choice of door lock will be based on the best functionality for your home. You’ll need to think about who is using the lock, whether it’s kids, elders, or just adults. Ease of use is essential in those cases. Depending on your home situation, an emergency release feature might be most important to you. Think about why you plan to install the lock and then base your selection on making things continue to flow smoothly after installation. The lock is supposed to be a help, and not a hindrance.
Q. If I use a pocket door lock for my closet is that enough to secure any valuables?
A. No. Pocket door locks are only great to divide a space and provide a small amount of privacy for who or whatever is behind the door. These locks can be strong enough to keep the door closed and not effortlessly opened, however, if you have valuables that you need to be secured, then it’s best to also invest in a safe.
Q. What if my pocket door lock doesn’t include instructions?
A. The best thing to do if you are in need of help with installation is going online and watch a video. Learning to do things on your own with the help of a video is extremely common these days. Even some of the locks on the market advise customers to check out a video online for proper installation instructions. The main thing you want to have is all the tools and hardware needed to get the job done.
Making The Decision
You are now an official expert on pocket door locks. You are familiar with the variety of locking mechanisms, the potential challenges with installation, and the fancy modern looking styles that are available on the market.
It is time to narrow down your choices and purchase the best pocket door lock for you and your family.
Remember safety is a priority. You want a lock that is functional for everyone, reliable, and durable. If you have elders or small children, make sure you can access each of them in the event of an emergency.
Another important thing to note is that pocket door locks are not a replacement for home security. They are only for minimum privacy within your home spaces.
Count how many spaces you need to close off, some locks are available in multipacks. Now that you know what’s important and how many locks you need, go and buy the little mechanisms that will give your family and guests their privacy today!