Size is as important as security when you’re shopping for a gun safe. Whether you want to store several firearms or a single large one, you need a quality large capacity gun safe.
A proper large capacity gun safe ensures your weapons are secured against intruders while still being easy enough for you to access as needed. You should also make sure your arsenal is safe from outside elements too such as water or fire damage.
We investigated several safes before finding five top-rated products so that you get the best large gun safe for the money.
Let’s check out our findings before we dive deeper into what all you should consider before buying one.
- 1 Our Recommended Large Capacity Gun Safes
- 2 5 Best Large Capacity Gun Safes on the Market:
- 2.1 1. New and Improved E.M.P Proof Steelwater Heavy Duty 45 Long Gun Fire Protection for 60 Minutes
- 2.2 2. Stack-On E-90-MB-E-S-72 Elite 72″ TALL, 62-90 Gun Safe with Electronic Lock
- 2.3 3. ARMOR FIRE GUN SAFE-64 GUN
- 2.4 4. Barska New Fireproof Fire Vault Rifle Gun Keypad Lock Safe Cabinet
- 2.5 5. Blue Dot Safes Second Amendment Fire-Resistant Gun Safe, 72x40x27-Inch
- 3 Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Large Capacity Gun Safe
- 4 Large Capacity Gun Safe FAQ
- 5 Making the Decision
Our Recommended Large Capacity Gun Safes
- Our Rating
- Lock: Digital keypad | bypass key
Fire-rating: 1-hour protection at 1875°F
Storage: 3-section gun rack | 2 full-length shelves | 6 small shelves | door organizer
Size: 72" x 42" x 27 5/8" (exterior)
- Our Rating
- Lock: Electronic keypad | backup key
Fire-rating: 30 minutes protection up to 1400°F
Storage: 8 shelves | door organizer
Size: 31" x 50.5" x 72" (exterior)
- Our Rating
- Lock: Electronic code h
Fire-rating: 30 minutes protection at 1400°F
Storage: 3 compartments | multiple shelves | door organizer
Size: 40" x 25" x 55" (exterior)
5 Best Large Capacity Gun Safes on the Market:
Making the Decision
Proper protection for your firearms against intruders, fires, and curious kids is vital, so you should have the best rated long gun safes that give you your money's worth. Any of our safes should work well in your home, but we feel the Stack-On Elite Tall Gun Safe is the top choice.
The safe can hold up to 90 guns, and it features three compartments, multiple shelves, and a built-in door organizer for smaller firearms, magazines, and more. It has a secure locking mechanism with a backlit keypad, and it feels sturdy with high fire protection.
If that's too far out of your price range, you can also check out the Blue Dot Safes Second Amendment Gun Safe. It has a heavy door with quality anti-pry bars for optimal security. There's a good amount of storage available as it can fit up to 51 rifles.