Have you seen the price of gun safes? You’d think they were made of gold. Take our advice: Set a limit of $1,000. Almost all of the gun safes we’ve seen over that figure are overpriced for what you get. We’ve spent countless hours to find the best gun safes under 1000 dollars. We analyzed each contender for the most important features, like:
- Dimensions and capacity – you need a safe that can hold your guns, ammo, and accessories
- Fire rating – We examined the claims to make sure they’re legit
- Lock – It has to be secure and easy to operate
Some of the safes that we rejected had:
- loose, Rattley hinges
- crumbly fire boards
- no pre-drilled anchor holes
- thin, useless padding
- small, pointless interiors
That’s just to name a few. Returning a safe is a hassle because they are almost always shipped by a freight carrier. Get it right the first time.
- 1 Our Recommended Gun Safes
- 2 10 The Best Gun Safes Under $1000:
- 2.1 1. New and Improved Steelwater Heavy Duty 16 Long Gun Safe-Best Under $1000
- 2.2 2. Armorguard 40-Gun Safe by Stack-On-Top Large Gun Safe Under $1000
- 2.3 3. Barska Quick Access Biometric Rifle Safe-Best Fingerprint Long Gun Safe Under $1000
- 2.4 4. Steelwater Heavy-duty 20 Long Gun Safe
- 2.5 5. Gun Safe Under 1000 dollars Barska Quick Access Biometric Rifle Safe
- 2.6 6. New and Improved Steelwater Heavy Duty 20 Long Gun Safe
- 2.7 7. V-Line Closet Vault II Gun Safe & in-Wall Cabinet – Top-Rated Gun Safe under $1000
- 2.8 8. AMSEC TF5517E5 Fireproof Long Gun Safe with Electronic Lock
- 2.9 9. Quicktec QTRS-series Long Gun Safe
- 2.10 10. ARMOR FIRE GUN SAFE-64 GUN
- 3 Tips For Choosing a Gun Safes Under $1000
- 4 Factors To Consider When Buying a Best Gun Safe Under $1000
- 5 Gun Safes Under $1000 FAQ
- 6 Make A Great Decision
Our Recommended Gun Safes
- Our Rating
- 60 minute fire proofing at 1875°F
E.M.P Proof digital keypad with (2) Re-programmable (3-8) digit user codes
Maximum Long Gun Capacity: 16 (8/8)
Interior Dimensions (HxWxD): 55 3/4″ x 19 1/2″ x 12 1/2″
- Our Rating
- Fire resistant for 30 minutes up to 1400 degrees F
Electronic lock stores a 3-8 digit combination – backup key included
Interior Capacity - 40 Guns / 20 Guns & Storage / All Storage
Internal Dimensions: 27.75 x 19.5 x 53″
10 The Best Gun Safes Under $1000:
Relax. We did the comparison shopping for you. Here are our picks. One of them is likely to be a good fit for you.
Tips For Choosing a Gun Safes Under $1000
Factors To Consider When Buying a Best Gun Safe Under $1000
Gun Safes Under $1000 FAQ
How Are Gun Safes Shipped?
Most of them weigh over 300 pounds. The usual carriers, like USPS, FedEx and UPS won’t handle them. They’re shipped via freight carrier.
Freight carriers will deliver the safe to your door or into your garage, but that’s it. It’s up to you from there.
Some sellers offer a setup service. This usually adds at least $150 to the price, but the delivery guys will bring your safe right to where you want it.
What If A Burglar Smashes The Digital Keypad?
Smashing the keypad only makes it harder to crack the safe. It won’t open like that.
If your keypad gets smashed, you’ll have to replace it. A bypass key will get the door open. If your safe has no bypass key, you’ll have to wait until your replacement keypad arrives to regain access to the safe.
Can’t A Thief Just Steal The Entire Safe?
This sometimes happens. There are two ways to lessen this risk.
- Most importantly, anchor the safe to the floor or wall. A thief will have to open the safe to unbolt it. This takes too much time, and the burglar is likely to flee empty-handed.
- Place the safe in a less-than-obvious place. Most thieves go right to the master bedroom. Try a pantry or garage.
Make A Great Decision
There are around 4,800 burglaries every hour in the United States. About 67 percent of those robberies are home break-ins.
There are things you can do to lessen your risk, like install an alarm system or get some visible security cameras, but a good gun safe is your last line of defense if you want to protect your guns and other valuables.
Thieves know what they’re doing. A shoddy safe will slow them down for perhaps half a minute. But now you know what to look for in the best gun safe under 1000 dollars. Employ what you learned here. Don’t wait until it’s too late. Protect your investments from thieves and ensure that unauthorized loved ones cannot hurt themselves. It’s time to get a good gun safe.