In this article, you’ll find out everything you need to know before purchasing the best latches for the gate to your yard, garage, or other permanent structure.
Since I’ve spent years working in the home improvement industry, I know which latches hold up, and I know which to avoid. The latches on this list are ones I’d choose to keep my family safe.
If you don’t have a high-quality latch, someone will take advantage of your vulnerability. Take a look at this resource to find the best fence latch that money can buy. Let’s dive into the reviews.
- 1 Our Recommended Gate Latch
- 2 8 Best Gate Latches on the Market:
- 2.1 1. National Hardware MagnaLatch (Automatic)
- 2.2 2. Self-Locking Gate Latch
- 2.3 3. Trident Child Safety Magnetic Gate Latch
- 2.4 4. JQK Door Hasp Latch Lock
- 2.5 5. Keystone Black Zinc Key Lockable Gate Latch
- 2.6 6. National Hardware Self-Closing Gate Kit (Black)
- 2.7 7. HLOMVE Sliding Barrel Bolt Gate Latch Lock
- 2.8 8. Hearth Creek Farm Gate Latch
- 3 Making the Decision
Our Recommended Gate Latch
- Our Rating
- Magnetic latch mechanism
Horizontally & vertically adjustable during & after installation
Can be used with pool gates, sheds, and gates
Self latching bolt no jamming
- Our Rating
- For right or left hand installations
Features a self-latching fingertip release.
For inward and outward swinging gates and doors
Easy to install
- Our Rating
- Durable nylon polymer construction
For use with vinyl, wood, or metal gates
Safe-notch feature engages so that gate will not open
Easy to installbr>
8 Best Gate Latches on the Market:
Making the Decision
It’s time to make your home a safer place, and gather your family around to show them the new latch that you bought for your home. Make sure to pick the latch that fits the needs of your home. If you need help deciding between the suggestions on this list, take a peek at my recommendations.
Without a doubt, the best gate latch is National Hardware’s MagnaLatch. Go buy this latch for your pool gate. If you have any type of low gate, this will work like a charm to keep intruders out. It has a keyed-entry, and it’s difficult for small children to operate.
For those of you who don’t need a latch for a low gate, I would recommend buying the latch made by Hearth Creek. Hearth Creek’s latch is number three on this list, but it’s number one in terms of warranty, versatility, and appearance. Buy this gate latch if you want a simple way to protect your home while keeping up appearances.