As you travel with your AR-15, you can’t just carry it in your hands. Any respectable gun owner knows safety comes first, so the best way to secure your gun and free it from damage is with a proper case.
These gun cases are invaluable. Quality ones offer enough room for your AR-15 and any accessories. However, how do you decide what case you need or whether you should go with a hard or soft style?
We examined both styles for you to help you find the best AR-15 case. Our search led us to 10 top-rated cases, and we hope you’ll find what you’re looking for by the end.
Let’s jump right into our top 10 reviews.
- 1 Our Recommended AR-15 Cases
- 2 10 Best AR-15 Cases for the Money:
- 2.1 1. Savior Equipment American Classic Tactical Double Long Rifle Gun Bag
- 2.2 2. Flambeau Outdoors 6500AR Tactical AR Case
- 2.3 3. Plano All Weather Tactical Gun Case
- 2.4 4. Plano All Weather Tactical Gun Case, 52-Inch
- 2.5 5. Condor Single Rifle Case
- 2.6 6. Pelican 1750 Rifle Case with Foam
- 2.7 7. Case Club AR-15 Pre-Cut Rifle Case
- 2.8 8. NcSTAR VISM Deluxe Padded Rifle Case
- 2.9 9. VISM by NcSTAR Double Carbine Case
- 2.10 10. BLACKHAWK 74SG36BK Carbine Case
- 3 Factors to Consider When Buying the Best AR-15 Case
- 4 AR-15 Case FAQ
- 5 Making the Decision
Our Recommended AR-15 Cases
- Our Rating
- Type: Soft
Size: 36” x 12” | 42” x 12” | 46” x 51” | 55” x 12” (exterior)
Material: 600D PVC nylon
- Our Rating
- Type: Hard
Length: 40" x 12" x 4" (exterior)
Material: Hard plastic | foam interior
10 Best AR-15 Cases for the Money:
Making the Decision
From our countdown, we feel the Savior Equipment American Classic Tactical Gun Bag is the best AR-15 case. It features reliable material, room to store two rifles and a pistol, and plenty of pouches for accessories. The zipper system functions well, and the guns are properly secured with durable straps.
If you want a hard style and don’t mind spending extra money, consider the Case Club AR-15 Pre-Cut Rifle Case. It comes ready-to-use, but you can customize the foam cutouts further. The case is durable, and there’s ample room for an additional pistol and gear.
Don’t hesitate to look at the rest of our reviews again and consider our buyer’s guide if something else sparks your interest.